This picturesque and atmospheric 12th Century self catering cottage originally part of the Benedictine Priory is the ideal base for a relaxing break. It is attached to the main house with a shared garden. There is a private courtyard behind a fig tree, with table and chairs, pot plants and a private access to the St Georges Church walled garden. NB The church clock chimes the hour!!!
The front door opens into the sitting-room with original oak beams, window seat and a Victorian Log Burner in the inglenook fireplace. A door leads to the farmhouse kitchen incorporating an old fireplace, wooden flooring and oak beams. There is a large cottage stairway leading to the two bedrooms and a bathroom on the landing.
The cottage has been has been restored by specialist builders to remain as ‘authentic’ as possible. the decoration and furnishing are in the spirit.
*The Cottage sleeps a maximum of FOUR Adults Only*
- Bedroom 1: twin with adjoining bathroom with bath
- Bedroom 2: double/twin with En-suite shower, and w.c
- Bed linen and towels provided
- inglenook fire place With Log Burner – Logs available at aditional cost
- Gas central heating throughout
- Electric cooker and immersion heater
- Dish washer / Washing Machine
- Microwave cooker
- Small kitchen appliances including, toaster and Kenwood mixer
- Free WiFi
- TV & Radio
- CD & DVD player
- No Pets – As resident dogs here
Parking: Allocated parking is available in an open garage and unrestricted roadside parking.
The cottage is available from £550 – £900 per week (Friday to Friday).
A three night winter stay is available between November and Easter – For more information contact Jane on 01643 821540