This Picturesque and atmospheric 12 century Self Catering Cottage originally part of the Benedictine Priory is the ideal base for a relaxing break. It is attached to the main house with a shared garden. There is a private courtyard behind a fig tree which has table and chairs and many pot plants and also there is private access to the church walled garden. NB The church clock chimes the hour!!!
The front door opens into the sitting-room with original oak beams, window seat and a Victorian log-burner in an inglenook fireplace. A door leads to the farmhouse kitchen incorporating an old fireplace, wooden flooring and oak beams. There is a large cottage stairway leading to the two bedrooms and a bathroom on the landing.
The cottage has been restored by specialist builders to remain as ‘authentic’ as possible. The decoration and furnishing are in the same spirit.
This cottage sleeps a maximum of four Adults only.
- Bedroom 1: twin adjoining bathroom with bath
- Bedroom 2: double/twin with En-suite shower & wc
- Bed Linen and towels provided
- Inglenook fire place – Logs available at cost
- Gas central heating throughout
- Electric cooker and immersion heater
- Dish washer/Washing Machine
- Microwave cooker
- Small kitchen appliances including, kettle, toaster and kenwood mixer.
- Free WiFi
- TV & Radio
- CD & DVD player
- No Pets (As resident dogs here)
Parking: Allocated parking is available in an open garage and unrestricted roadside parking.
The Cottage is available from £550 – £900 per week (Friday to Friday).
A three night winter stay is available between November and Easter – For more information contact Jane on 01643 821540